On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 4:00 AM, Grant Peel <gp...@thenetnow.com> wrote:
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Rob Wultsch" <wult...@gmail.com>

That may be ok, it may not. Your methodology should be fine if you are
only upgrading one release:
4.1 -> 5.0

But it may not be ok for other upgrades:
4.0 -> 5.0 (skipping 4.1)
4.0 -> 5.1 (skipping 4.1 and 5.0)
4.1 -> 5.1 (skipping 5.0)

At this point MySQL 5.0 is near EOL, so it would probably be wise to
upgrade to 5.1. It is unwise to skip upgrades so if you are going from
4.1 to 5.1, so you would need to do an intermediate upgrade to 5.0 .

--
Rob Wultsch
wult...@gmail.com