To: "michel" <compu...@videotron.ca>
Sent: Saturday, July 03, 2010 11:37 PM
Subject: Re: Connection Diagnostic Tool

You are right..  Java never coonnects on that domain socket, it
*always* used TCP.

Check your credentials at the command line using -h 127.0.0.1 (or even
the LAN ip, depending on how your JDBC connections are configured)
which will force your client to connect via TCP, just as Java will.

I expect that you will find that there are permission errors
preventing the TCP connec which are not obvious when connecting via
the domain socket.

- michael