Thank you all for the help and info! This error happened because I started MySQL with -bind-address=91.203.57.207; even if Softslate is given the proper IP address and port number is fails on connection pooling. I fixed the problem by setting the MySQL IP address to 127.0.0.1.

I am thinking that the reason is that the C3P0 connection pooling cannot work on a 'remote' machine.

Michel

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rob Wultsch" <wult...@gmail.com>
To: "michel" <compu...@videotron.ca>
Cc: <mysql@lists.mysql.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 06, 2010 1:52 AM
Subject: Re: Connection Diagnostic Tool

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 3:55 PM, michel <compu...@videotron.ca> wrote:

I have been trying to figure this one out, but I don't have the skill sets
here so I can use some help.

I tried ' -h 127.0.0.1' in my bash shell and I get a command not found, so I am still really off-the-mark. Is there a place on the net I can look up what
it does and how to run it?

Thanks!

I am pretty sure Michael that meant running the command line mysql client:
mysql -uuser -ppass -h127.0.0.1 -e 'select "hello world!"'

--
Rob Wultsch
wult...@gmail.com