Hi,
I'd like to know which are the main tasks for a DBA, so in addition of the
on-line tutorial of MySQL, is there anyone telling me whether there exists some
tutorial (better if in PDF) where it's possible to undestand and learn all you
need for managing the MySQL DB as DBA? I mean I'd like to read something
explaining what are datafiles, tablespaces, ... and what usually a DBA is asked
to do (creating databases, starting up and shutting down the database, managing
the database's storage structures, making database backups and performing
recovery, monitoring and tuning performance, ...) In other words I'd like to
read how to manage a DB as DBA, because I've always worked only as developer
and not as DBA.
Thanks!