The term DBA is very broad and I think most DBA's do at least some
development and if they have *nix platform they probably look after that
too. Some, including myself, get heavily involved in the applications
running on their db.

So long as you can quickly identify and solve database issues, size and tune
servers, backup, restore and manage security effectively then you probably
have the skills used daily by most DBA's.

You'll probably find it helps to know more than one RDBMS though. Few
companies seem to use one database system exclusively!

I'm a MySQL DBA but spend 90% of my time administering MS SQL Server and IBM
Cognos BI tools!

Regards
John