Hello.

I need to migrate a master and slave to new hardware.  The DB is approx 50G on
disk and my time window for downtime is approximately 4 hours.

My question is, is it advisable to do a mysqldump from the old master and then
load on the new master and slave, or is it faster to just set the new master up
as a slave, and when it catches up to the old master I "flip the switch?"  The
catch is that the new hardware is in a different datacenter.

In other words, which is faster: dump and load or replication over the Internet?

Thanks for your time.