Hi everyone and thanks in advance for the help. I have a query that I'd like to
perform using two tables but am not sure what the best way to perform it short
of creating a loop in my code and performing multiple queries.

I have two tables. The first table acts as a master table of sorts and Num in
Table1 maps directly to Num in Table2. One way to think of this is that I'm
performing a query on Table2 and grouping the records by MAX(version) but I am
not interested in records if state = new in Table1 for the value of Num in
Table2. I've tried to give an example below.

Table1:
Num, state
1          final
2         new