I am aware that currently innobase tables can not have abritararly large
text/varchar fields and support for this will be released sometime in the
month of June. The application I am working with requires text fields
(usually less than 64k), and I desperatly need row level locking. Either I
continue using Mysql, and use Innodb tables.. or I have to switch to
Postgresql.

I need to do something right away about this performance problem, I can not
wait until Innodb tables are released with the unlimited row length. I tried
to find out what the max row length for a Innodb table row, but did not find
it in the documentation. If it isnt too much smaller than 64k I could switch
now, and not have to worry about using postgresql. Does anyone know what the
limit is? Any pointers would be apreciated.

ryan