>From the manual:

"The default database page size in InnoDB is 16 kB. By recompiling the
code one can set it from 8 kB to 64 kB. The maximun row length is
slightly less than a half of a database page, the row length also
includes BLOB and TEXT type columns. The restriction on the size of BLOB
and TEXT columns will be removed by June 2001 in a future version of
InnoDB. " - http://www.mysql.com/doc/I/n/InnoDB_restrictions.html

I read this to mean that the limit on a TEXT column is slightly less
than 32k at best (if you recompile the code), or slightly less than 8k
by default.

Hello PostgreSQL...

Good luck