In the last episode (Jul 27), Mike Spreitzer said:
> Does `iostat` consider GPFS mounts at all?  If so, how can I tell which
> line of `iostat` output is about the GPFS mounted at /dev/gpfscf ?  I do
> not see such a thing mentioned in the iostat output.

iostat works at the disk device level, not at the filesystem level.  If your
gpfs filesystem consists of one SAN device, then it'll be easy to find in
your iostat -x output :)  If it is spread over multiple SAN devices, then
you'll only see per-device stats.  There may be a gpfs-specific command that
can give you summary IO stats for the filesystem as a whole.

> In `vmstat` output, I thought "bi" is in terms of fixed-size blocks, not
> I/O commands.

It looks like on Linux, "bi" and "bo" are the total disk throughput in
kbytes.

--
        Dan Nelson
        dnel...@allantgroup.com