In the last episode (Jul 27), Dan Nelson said:
> In the last episode (Jul 27), Mike Spreitzer said:
> > If I want to try to actually hold a 2GB table in RAM, is there anything I
> > need to set in my.cnf to enable that?
>
> Just make sure your key_buffer_size is large enough to hold the index.  You
> can find this number by setting key_buffer_size to a huge number (32GB for
> example), running "LOAD INDEX INTO CACHE" for your index, then running "show
> status like 'key_blocks_used'; ".
>
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/load-index.html

Oops.  My previous email described the requirements for the "prefetch index
into RAM" option.  For the "load table into RAM" option, you'll need to
raise max_heap_table_size to a size large enough to hold your table.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/memory-storage-engine.html

--
        Dan Nelson
        dnel...@allantgroup.com