Hi there,

I know you would like just a solution, but I want to give you just a little
bit of background.

Think in real life things(entities), think as you would have to do it on
paper.

[1]
You said you have:

managers, teams players and fixtures/results (matches)

these are your tables

plus.... teams!

[2]
then find what relationships you have between tables.

(a) *manager* (have name and other properties) belongs to a team
(b) *player* (have name and other properties)  belong to a team
(c) *team* (have name , have 1 manager, and other properties) play matches
(d) *match* have results

translate [have] with properties(columns with values of the table)
translate other actions with relationships (columns with ids of other
tables)

in the case of *match* you would have: idteam1, idteam2, result   at least.
in the case of *player* you would have:  idplayer, name, idteam    at least
in the case of *manager*, if you think a manager can manage more than one
team you will use an idmanager in the team table
otherwise you can use also an idteam in the manager table that allows more
managers to manage the same team.

I dont want (no time sorry!) to write here the data model, but I think this
few lines can trigger the best idea in you.

Claudio

--
Claudio