Good day MySQL!

I had a table that crashed last night.  There is a cron function that
goes out every 6 hours or so, that does a quick table backup (it's also
replicated, it's just something that we have running now).   ANYWAY, I
think it crashed early in the evening, but when the backup ran, it looks
like it marked it as crashed finally (which was about 4 hours later).

The table was able to be read up until then, but it looks like it wasn't
able to be written too.

What I want to know is, is there a quick and easy way to maybe every few
hours, check to see if there are any crashed tables or whatnot?

This is only the 2nd time in the last 1 1/2 years.  the table that
crashed, is a table that gets created every month, and is about 5gig in
size at the end of the month (it has a lot of records/fields in it which
is why i create a new one every month).

I could write a quick routine that goes and 'shows' the tables, and if
it fails, then repair it (or report it back to me via email or
something).

Any ideas on a way to automate something that is efficient and quick?

Steve