On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 4:32 PM, Steve Staples <sstap...@mnsi.net> wrote:

> >From what I read, it puts a lock on the tables (read lock).  the tables
> in one of the databases are continuously being written/read/updated, so
> I dont want to lock them if at all possible.
>
> Are there any other ways?

Well, given that you need to read the entire table to verify it's
integrity... Mysqlcheck does have a few options like --quick, but the check
isn't as thorough either then, obviously.

It seems strange to me, however, that the table wouldn't already have been
marked as crashed if it couldn't be written to - have you checked the
error.log ? Monitoring that may give you a faster indication.