On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 6:50 AM, Johan De Meersman <vegiv...@tuxera.be> wrote:

>> I commonly set up a tunnel to the SSH server at the office and then
>> another tunnel from that server to my development rig, so I can run
>> MySQL WB at home on my database at work.  Is that what you mean?
>>

> Pretty much, yeah. I've not got just the one database, though, so it's
> usually too much of a bother to set up all the tunnels, and I just SSH
> straight through and use the commandline :-)
>
> Still, the SSH tunnel capability in the client is nice for hosts that are
> only one jump away.

It works for multiple jumps too.  You just have to enable X11
forwarding either in the appropriate config files or do it on the
commandline.  Note that it's possible that a severely paranoid
sysadmin may well have disabled it in the sshd service on one or more
of the machines that you're ssh'ing to.

# my workstation has ForwardX11=yes in ~/.ssh/config
ssh host1

# then from there:
ssh -X host2

On host 2, running a gui app pops it up on my local desktop.
--
Regards...      Todd
I seek the truth...it is only persistence in self-delusion and