Good day all

        I am hoping someone has had some experience in this to assist
me.

        I have been going through lots of forums and documentation and
can find a lot of information on how to setup a master/slave replication
on MySQL.

        The question I have however is how do you fail over to the slave
server in the event that the master server is unavailable and then how
to revert back to the master server once the server is available again.

        This is one thing I can't seem to get much info on unless I am
looking in the wrong places.

       I would really appreciate help on this one.

Regards
Machiel