On 10/25/2010 4:32 AM, Glyn Astill wrote:

There have been some reports of raid cards not behaving themselvs
with SSDs attached.

I'd be surprised if these bugs haven't all been worked out by now. SSDs started to hit the mass market in force about two years ago. Any vendor still shipping a disk controller that eats SSDs likely is trying to EOL that controller anyway.

I guess it depends on how important your data is too.  Quite a few of
the SSDs on the market have been proven to not honour flush requests,
so if the power goes out you've got corrupted data.

I doubt that's true of "enterprise" SSDs. Sure, if you go and fill your server with SSDs made for laptops you may find yourself sliding down the bleeding edge, but one wouldn't do that, would one?