On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 1:43 AM, Shawn Green (MySQL) <
shawn.l.gr...@oracle.com> wrote:

> On 11/16/2010 15:14, Sydney Puente wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> How can I export a mysql 5.0.45 db to Oracle? mysql is going to stau but I
>> need
>> to pass the data to oracle, just so the data can be transfered.
>> I have carried out a mysql dump. This seems fine.create table etc. about
>> 20 MB
>> in total.
>>
>> Any ideas? It is on Redhat if that makes a difference.
>>

> I suggest you also look at the syntax for SELECT INTO OUTFILE, too. Dumps
> are usually scripts of SQL statements that Oracle may not read
> appropriately.

I'm not quite sure which formats Oracle reads in, although CSV is probably a
good guess.

if you disable mysqldump's extended insert syntax, however, I think the
actual insert statements should be perfectly fine for most any database. You
may need to tweak create statements for datatypes and syntax, though; it may
be easier to just recreate the emtpy tables by hand.

I think I also have vague memories of an option to use ANSI-SQL standard
syntax, although that might just as well have been some third-party tool.

And, speaking of third-party tools: tOra can (if well-compiled) be used to
manage both MySQL and Oracle; maybe that nice tool can help you.

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn