From: Kevin (Gmail) <kfoneil...@gmail.com>
To: Johan De Meersman <vegiv...@tuxera.be>; Shawn Green (MySQL)
<shawn.l.gr...@oracle.com>
Cc: Sydney Puente <sydneypue...@yahoo.com>; mysql@lists.mysql.com
Sent: Wed, 17 November, 2010 18:17:38
Subject: Re: export db to oracle

Hello,

It should be possible to connect Oracle to the MySQL (or other) database using
DBlink (using a MySQL ODBC driver)
the tables could then be copied using PLSQL.
Maybe you could link directly to Oracle and copy the code using MySQL
procedures
or scripts (I have more experienc of Oracle which works quite well as I
described)

This way, you can avoid use of external files and CSV etc. It is very likely
quicker since you can use bulk loads or 'select into' routines once you have
the
right table structures and field type in place.
This is a technique that I have used for ETL and data integration and it is
very
manageable.
You can trap errors using cursors if the data has anomalies.

Kevin O'Neill

----- Original Message ----- From: "Johan De Meersman" <vegiv...@tuxera.be>