From: a.sm...@ukgrid.net
To: John Daisley <daisleyj...@googlemail.com>
<mysql@lists.mysql.com>
Subject: Re: MySQL replication server
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 13:03:38 +0000

Hi,

   I think you are wrong, slaves will always accept writes unless you
set readonly in the mysql config.
Due to this, and if you dont specifically set readonly on the slave
you have to be very careful in order to maintain data integrity on the
slave and also not to break repliacton. Tools like Maatkit are
designed to check data integrity on the slave due to exactly this issue,

thanks Andy.