Hi,

so yes you can do that, but then I guess you cannot set the server hosting database A as readonly (from memory this can only be set server wide, but worht checking it out). Which might leave you a few options to ensure data integrity, for example simply by user security either by disabling access to relevant users or via setting grants appropriately. Or you could look at a second MySQL instance on the database A server either listening on another port or in a virtual server/zone/jail,

Andy.

Quoting Machiel Richards <machi...@rdc.co.za>:

My reason for asking this is the following....

The client have database A on one machine, Database B on a second
machine both of which are production.

They want to setup replication of Database B to Server hosting Database
A and still keep Server A as the primary production system.