Hi Noel, all!

Noel Butler wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-12-16 at 10:08 -0300, Alejandro Bednarik wrote:
>> You are right. In previous version init script have a default value, now is
>> empty.
>>
>> mysql 5.1..53   -   basedir=/usr/local/mysql
>>
>> mysql-5.5.8  -   basedir=.
>>

> /me ponders at who the IDIOT is that decided that cmake is the way of
> mysql now.
>  I mean WTF...

It was the ones who realized that two different build mechanisms
(autotools for Unix, cmake for Windows) will always cause divergence,
when one is maintained with a change and the other isn't.

Being database people, we know the importance of consistency  ;)

> [[...]]
>
> /me sticks with 5.1

Do as you like, but realize that 5.1 won't see major development in the
future and will be put on "extended support only" in due time.

So if anybody encounters differences between 5.1 and 5.5 in such
settings which aren't documented (= by intention, or unavoidable),
please file bugs to get them fixed.

Jörg

--
Joerg Bruehe,  MySQL Build Team,  joerg.bru...@oracle.com
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG,   Komturstrasse 18a,   D-12099 Berlin