From: ext Daevid Vincent [dae...@daevid.com]
Sent: 29 December 2010 20:25
To: 'mysql'
Subject: /etc/init.d/mysql start WITHOUT integrity check?

Is there a way to "/etc/init.d/mysql start" WITHOUT doing an integrity
check?

Can I pass in a command line parameter or set something in the my.cnf file?

Our DB is a Billion rows (with a "B") and that check can take HOURS.

All we want to do is restart the server to put another slave online because
sadly "/etc/init.d/mysql reload" does NOT re-load the config file (as one
might hope), it is only to reload PRIVS (how useless is that since GRANT
already does that).