[JS] The command you wrote doesn't redirect the input of the client. It should
read

#mysql -username -pxxx dbname < /home/me/testing/text.sql >
/home/me/testing/text.txt

By the way, it is a bad idea to use "test" as a file or directory name. It is
very easy to accidentally invoke the "test" command, which can really make you
scratch your head.

Regards,

Jerry Schwartz
Global Information Incorporated