Hi everybody,

I have loaded a very big amount of data in my MySQL database (coming from the
YAGO project):

-rw-rw----  1 yannis  admin           65  3 fév 16:07 db.opt
-rw-rw----  1 yannis  admin   6392030392  3 fév 21:35 wasfoundin.MYD
-rw-rw----  1 yannis  admin  11085793280  4 fév 04:54 wasfoundin.MYI
-rw-rw----  1 yannis  admin         8668  3 fév 16:09 wasfoundin.frm

as you can see the MYI file is 11Gb and the MYD file 6.4Gb.

Whenever I try to send a query through phpmyadmin, it crashes and I get
returned to the initial page of phpmyadmin.
When I send an SQL query directly, it works, but it takes many minutes (a
simple SELECT will take about 10 minutes).

I'm using the latest version of MAMP under MacOS X (on a MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz
Intel Core 2 with 4Gb of RAM).

What can I do to make phpmyadmin work? Is it a chance to gain more speed when
interacting through regular SQL
queries, or is it hopeless?
Where can I find more information about using MySQL with such big tables?

Thanks in advance

Yannis Haralambous
Directeur d'études
ADRESSE TEMPORAIRE :
University of Aizu
Aizu-Wakamatsu, Fukushima-ken  965-8580, Japon
ADRESSE PERMANENTE :
Institut Télécom, Télécom Bretagne
Département Informatique
UMR CNRS 3192 Lab-STICC
Technopôle Brest Iroise
CS 83818, 29238 Brest Cedex 3, France
Tel: +33 2 29 00 14 27
Fax: +33 2 29 00 12 82
Email: yannis.haralamb...@telecom-bretagne.eu
Internet: http://omega.enstb.org/yannis
ICBM address: 48°21'31.57"N 4°34'16.76"W
Twitter: y_haralambous
...pour distinguer l'extérieur d'un aquarium,
mieux vaut n'être pas poisson

...the ball I threw while playing in the park
has not yet reached the ground

Es gab eine Zeit, wo ich nur ungern über Schubert sprechen,
nur Nächtens den Bäumen und Sternen von ihm vorerzählen mögen.

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:3.0
N:Haralambous;Yannis;;;
FN:Yannis Haralambous
ORG:Enseignant-chercheur\, TELECOM Bretagne;
EMAIL;type=INTERNET;type=WORK;type=pref:yannis.haralamb...@telecom-bretagne.eu
TEL;type=WORK;type=pref:+33 229001427
TEL;type=CELL:+33 607981626
TEL;type=WORK;type=FAX:+33 229001282
item1.ADR;type=WORK;type=pref:;;Département Informatique\, TELECOM Bretagne\, CS 83818;Brest Cedex 3;;29238;France
item1.X-ABADR:fr
X-ABUID:CD3E6B27-C13F-40A4-B2F7-8393D5CE6493\:ABPerson
END:VCARD