That is exactly what I was worried about. He could try restructuring the data,
increasing the timeouts to compensate for the long run time, or find better
hardware. Any other ideas?

From: w...@pythian.com [mailto:w...@pythian.com] On Behalf Of Singer X.J. Wang
Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2011 7:20 PM
To: Yannis Haralambous
Cc: David Brian Chait; mysql@lists.mysql.com; y...@mpi-inf.mpg.de
Subject: Re: How do increase memory allocated to MySQL?

You're query is doing a full table scan.
2011/2/3 Yannis Haralambous
<yannis.haralamb...@telecom-bretagne.eu<mailto:yannis.haralamb...@telecom-bretagne.eu>>
just a single table with an ID field (primary index) and three data fields
(indexed):

id      bigint(20)      NO      PRI     NULL    auto_increment
yagoid  varchar(32)     NO      UNI     NULL
yagoleft        varchar(32)     NO      MUL     NULL
yakoright       varchar(255)    NO              NULL

what am I doing wrong?

the query was just

SELECT * FROM wasfoundin WHERE yakoright LIKE '%geography%'