From: vegiv...@gmail.com [mailto:vegiv...@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Johan De
Meersman
Sent: Wednesday, February 09, 2011 1:10 PM
To: Jerry Schwartz
Cc: Y z; mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: Re: Replacing MS SQL with MySql

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 7:02 PM, Jerry Schwartz <je...@gii.co.jp> wrote:

[JS] Actually, I've done a lot of tracing recently (to solve my own
performance problems), and Access 2007 is very clever at pulling parts of a
dataset and a number of other things. For example, when you are browsing a
dataset Access will pre-fetch records 20 at a time.

Good to know that performance enhancements have been made, but what I'm
specifically thinking of is joins between remote tables - have you got data on
how it handles those ?

[JS] I don’t have any data at the moment. I know that I tried outsmarting
Access with pass-through queries, with little luck.

Regards,

Jerry Schwartz

Global Information Incorporated

195 Farmington Ave.