Dear all,

I have a query that takes a rather long time and was wondering if there is
anyway to optimize it.
Normally we removing duplicate records by phone number. This query takes about
second and

it really slows down the process when we are importing several 1000 records a
day.

Here is the query:

SELECT count(id) c  FROM leads
WHERE (phone_home = '(770) 512-8990'
OR phone_work = '(770) 512-8990'
OR phone_other = '(770) 512-8990'
OR phone_mobile = '(770) 512-8990'
OR phone_fax = '(770) 512-8990')
AND date_entered >DATE_SUB(NOW(),INTERVAL 45 DAY)
AND deleted != '1';

This is the describe:

DESCRIBE SELECT count( id ) c
FROM leads
WHERE (
phone_home = '(770) 512-8990'
OR phone_work = '(770) 512-8990'
OR phone_other = '(770) 512-8990'
OR phone_mobile = '(770) 512-8990'
OR phone_fax = '(770) 512-8990')
AND date_entered > DATE_SUB( NOW( ) , INTERVAL 45
DAY )
AND deleted != '1'

id
select_type
table
type
possible_keys
key
key_len
ref
rows
Extra

1 SIMPLE leads ALL
idx_del_user,phone_home,phone_mobile,phone_work,phone_other,phone_fax,date_entered
 NULL NULL NULL 636433 Using where

Any thoughts?

Thank you,

Paul