Hi.

Do you have an index SIC? If so, I don't know any reason which would
explain such a slow server for such a simple query (on a table with
only 9.000 records), no matter what the configuration is.

If SIC is one of those unidexed decimals, the speed may be expected,
depending on the database size (in MB, not records), because the whole
database file has to be scanned (and therefore to be loaded from disk).

In this case - if indexing is not feasable - you may want to consider
to split up the table into the small, heavily used and big, seldomly
used columns into two tables and join them as required. This will
reduce the amount of data read from disk.

Bye,

        Benjamin.

PS: Btw, 168 columns sound like a strange table design...