On 2011-05-25 10:35:45 Brent Clark wrote:
> I think I read somewhere that Mysql 5.5 is defaulting on Innodb as its
> default storage engine.
>
> The question I would like to ask is. For those still running Mysql 5.0 /
> 5.1. Have any of you set the mysql default variable to be / use Innodb?

Yes, I have, it's one of the first things I usually do/did in a new 5.0/1
setup, and it works out OK, allthough there are major improvements in 5.5 for
InnoDB, so an upgrade from 5.0/1 to 5.5 may result in a lot less resource
usage.

It's just a setting, can be set globally or in a session:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/server-
options.html#option_mysqld_default-storage-engine
--
Rik Wasmus