might want to look at QIF Master. Generally designed to convert lists of data into QIF formats but Mr. Wooward may have some other tools to go the other way also.

On Aug 11, 2011, at 5:02 PM, David Brian Chait wrote:

I don't think I have ever heard of anyone directly importing a QIF into any relational database, you would have to translate the resulting data into a delimited txt file and then import. You may want to check to see if Quickbooks has an API that you can use to access the data natively rather than trying to move it around from platform to platform.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jan Steinman [mailto:j...@bytesmiths.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2011 2:37 PM
To: David Brian Chait
Cc: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: Re: Import from Quicken 2004 Mac?

On 11 Aug 11, at 14:17, David Brian Chait wrote:

The QIF file includes a lot of data aside from basic transactions, what exactly are you trying to end up with at the end of the day? Simply a copy of your QB data in Mysql?

That would be a good start. We don't need a complete duplicate, but in my experience, it's easier to get it all and winnow out the bits you don't want than to selectively import.

That said, we really only need the basic transaction info: date, payee, amount, memo, category, account from, account to.

This is to reconcile the chart of accounts (in Quick Books) with project management (in MySQL).