Dear all,

Today i backup my all databases (25) by using the below command :-

mysqldump --all-databases -q --single-transaction | gzip > /media/disk-1/Server11_MysqlBackup_15September2011/mysql_15sep2011backup.sql.gz

Now I have some doubts or problems that I need to handle in future :

1. Is there any option in restore command ( I use mysql < backup.sql ) to store only specific 1 or 2 databases out of this big backup file. 2. While taking mysqldump of all databases , is there any way to leave specific databases , I know there is --databases option , but we have to name other 23 databases then. 3. What are the settings that are need to changed in my.cnf to make backup & restore faster.

Thanks