On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 08:55:16AM -0400, Shawn Green (MySQL) wrote:
> On 9/14/2011 15:26, The Doctor wrote:
>> On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 09:49:34PM +0530, Ananda Kumar wrote:
>>> So,
>>> You want to have 100,000 buttons for 100,000 entries or just have one filter
>>> column, which allows you to specify any type of "WHERE CONDITION"
>>>
>>> regards
>>> anandkl

>> Arthur,
>>
>> this is exactly what comes to mind.
>>
>> I am wonder what needs to be adjusted in osCommerce for this to work.
>>

> I am still confused by your question.  Most modern databases (even those
> that are not client-server capable) don't even break a sweat at handling
> only 100K rows of data. It is the types of queries you write and how much
> data you are attempting to move at any one time that are the most likely
> reasons for poor performance.
>
> Please clarify what you want to fix when you say "optimise MySQL for 100000
> entires".  Even with the minimal settings on a low-powered laptop, I would
> have no qualms about loading any version of MySQL produced in the last 10
> years with a million rows of data and using it for personal research. Of
> course, there are things I could (and would) configure to help MySQL use
> it's host system more efficiently. All of that is covered in the chapter in
> the operating manual called "Optimization". Pick the link below that
> matches the version you are using for more information:
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/optimization.html
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/optimization.html
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/optimization.html
>
> Perhaps if you could tell us what you are trying to do we could suggest
> ways for doing it better?

Clarification:

I have 100000 **products** loaded into the shopping cart.

FRom there is slow to bring up the shopping cart.

Check http://www.nk.ca/~aboo/racing/osc4/catalog/

to see what is happening.

--
Member - Liberal International  This is doc...@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doc...@nl2k.ab.ca
God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist