----- Original Message -----
> From: "Hank" <hes...@gmail.com>
>
> Exactly - I can't create an index on the table until I remove the
> duplicate records.

I was under the impression you were seeing this during a myisamchk run - which
indicates you should *already* have a key on that field. Or am I interpreting
that wrong?

> I suppose I could create a non-unique index on the key
> fields, and try that, but then I'd have to (1) create that index, and then
> (2) do
> the full table scan query.

No, if you create the index, you will not do a full tablescan afterwards.
That's the whole point of an index :-)

> Either way, it's going to take a tremendous amount of time to do that.

Yes, building the index is, that's true.

> Alternatively, it would be most helpful if the tools provided that
> find and output the offending record block #s also provided a quick way to
> actually print out those offending rows so I could track down how they got in
> there in the first place.

I don't know about that, I'm afraid.

--
Bier met grenadyn