----- Original Message -----
> From: "Alex Schaft" <al...@quicksoftware.co.za>
>
> If you have a table with columns A & B, and might do a where on A or
> B, or an order by A, B, would single column indexes on A and B suffice
> or would performance on the order by query be improved by an index on
> A,B?

Depends on usage :-)

key (a, b) is good for "where a=.." or "where a=.. and b=.."
key (b, a) is good for "where b=.." or "where b=.. and a=.."
  (note that the sequence of a and b in the where clause is not important)
key (a), key (b) is good for "where a=.." or "where b=.." but will only use one
index for "where a=.. and b=..".

I think work is ongoing on having the parser use multiple indices, but I'm not
sure where that's at.

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn