Hi <unknown>,

Have a look at database information_schema.TABLES:

SELECT * FROM information_schema.TABLES WHERE TABLE_SCHEMA='<database>';

As long as your MySQL version is >= 5.1, you don't need a cron script,
you can use the MySQL scheduler, create a stored procedure that will run
each month. You'll need to use prepared statements, something like this:

http://gpshumano.blogs.dri.pt/2009/09/06/automatically-cleaning-up-spam-wordpress-comments/

-NT