Am 23.12.2011 21:14, schrieb Jim McNeely:
> Hello all, happy holidays!
>
> What is the best way to run a mysqldump to get the tables, the data, the
> triggers, the views, the procedures, the privileges and users, everything? It
> seems confusing in the online documentation, or is that just me?

echo "Prepare im laufenden Betrieb"
rsync --times --perms --owner --group --recursive --delete-after /mysql_data/
/mysql_backup/
echo "Offline_sync"
/sbin/service mysqld stop
cd /Volumes/dune/mysql_data/
rm -f /Volumes/dune/mysql_data/bin*
rsync --progress --times --perms --owner --group --recursive --delete-after
/mysql_data/ //mysql_backup/
/sbin/service mysqld start

so you have a REAL consistent backup with minimal downtime you can restore
on any machine and pull dumps of whatever you really need instead of
breaindead hughe dumps with long locking time while they are done or
withut locking inconsistent state

the first rsync runs while the server is online and the second one
after mysqld is stopped takes a few moemnts because only changed data
in the meantime have to be synced again

this way you can backup many GB of mysql-data with minimal downtime
and 100% consistence