On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 6:42 AM, Todd Lyons <tly...@ivenue.com> wrote:

> For example, I shut down my mysql daemon, I make a copy of my
> corrupted database at /var/lib/mysql/ into /var/lib/mysql_tmp/, and
> then manually start the mysql daemon in the foreground with this:
> su - mysql -c '/usr/libexec/mysqld --innodb_force_recovery=6 --datadir
> /var/lib/mysql_tmp/'

I forgot to mention that when you do this, there will be copious
amounts of debug output that are spit out and it will give really ugly
warnings about tables that it finds but metadata doesn't match up.
But usually it can get the data out, though if you're not processing
any undo/redo logs, there's a chance that the most recent data written
to the table will not be retrievable.

Regards...              Todd
--
SOPA: Any attempt to [use legal means to] reverse technological
advances is doomed.  --Leo Leporte