Hi all,

I'm thinking of logrotate script, that is shipped in mysql tar ball (e.g. mysql-5.5.20/support-files/mysql-log-rotate.sh). There is a commented line "# create 600 mysql mysql", that should originally ensure logrotate utility creates a new log file after rotating. Is there any particular reason why the line is not used by default?

Having this line commented, we have to rely on logrotate.conf to have something similar defined and we see an error when using mysql-rotate script alone, such as:

> logrotate -f /etc/logrotate.d/mysqld

I think the line shouldn't be commented by default.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks.

Honza