----- Original Message -----
> From: "Honza Horak" <hho...@redhat.com>
>
> particular reason why the line is not used by default?

Can't be bothered to go look at the script, but it should be doing a "flush
logs" somewhere. The line is commented by default because MySQL will recreate
it's logfiles automatically, and you should only uncomment it if you really
feel the need to pre-create the files with other than default permissions or
owners.

> Having this line commented, we have to rely on logrotate.conf to have
> something similar defined and we see an error when using mysql-rotate

Then something else is wrong. Does your MySQL daemon happen to run as a user
who can normally not create files in the directory where the log files are?

> I think the line shouldn't be commented by default.

It should - a well-configured system doesn't need it.

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn