Reads interesting, but...

Why would you need that?

I mean... If I run several databases in the same hardware, I use completely
diferent paths for evertying, so I can have atomic, clean  and specific
files for each instance/version of the database....

I think is much more easy to migrato to another hardware that way, just
copy the instance and you are set...