Charles,

the pleasure is all mine in meeting such a kind person as you are.

To reply to your question, I would recommend to read frst a basic document
about MySQL Cluster,
like the whitepaper (http://kae.li/iiisv) so that you have an overview of
the infrastructure.

Consider that only the SQL node(that is just a regular MySQL instance) and
the Management console have a client command to access the node and the
command is different, the regular 'mysql' client command is used to access
the SQL node (which as said is just a regular MySQL instance with added NDB
support), and to access the management console the command is 'ndb_mgm'.

You cannot access the Data nodes with a client command, those nodes
communicate with other cluster nodes but not with the user.

Please feel free to ask any further question.

Thanks

Claudio

Claudio