Hi ,

                I am trying to reduce the ibdata1 data file in MySQL. In MySQL
data directory the ibdata1 data file is always increasing whenever I am
creating a new database and inserting some data into database. If I drop the
existing database, the table structures only dropped from the server but data
still exist in the ibdata1 data file.

How to reduce the ibdata1 file size in both LINUX and WINDOWS machine.

Do you have any idea how to solve this problem. Thanks for any feedback.

Thanks
Manivannan S

DISCLAIMER: This email message and all attachments are confidential and may
contain information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure
under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified
that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify us
immediately by return email or to mailad...@spanservices.com and destroy the
original message.  Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message
that do not relate to the official business of SPAN, shall be understood to be
neither given nor endorsed by SPAN.