Joey,

read
this<http://www.percona.com/doc/percona-xtrabackup/howtos/setting_up_replication.html>
setup the second instance with no o little service disruption.

then be aware that you have basically two options for Multimaster
replication with two nodes, Active-Passive and Active-Active

Active-Passive can be used for:

-Having a stand by Master using a failover loadbalancer (using only one
active at a time)

Avoid by all means Active-Active unless you have a great team of developers

Claudio