Claudio thank you for your input. I can see that you have set this up before.
My issue is that my db is getting very big approaching 50G and
performance is being impacted.
I am also very concerned about recovery time - this is production - so
i can have very little recovery time - so what else is new :)
I will look at the site for active-active config - but have you had
any experience with active-active yourself?
what was your solution - i am on a seriously low budget - so any thing
free is great.
thanks
mjh