Am 19.11.2012 01:27, schrieb Tianyin Xu:
> I'm not saying the file names but the configuration directives.
> At least for most servers I have managed so far,
> all the configuration directives are case insensitive. Examples? PostgreSQL,
> Apache httpd, OpenLDAP, Squid, etc.
> That's why I'm curious. (Yes, please tell me there's no other
> case-insensitive software)

i never would came to the idea write options
not EXACTLY like they are in the documentation

> I'm glad most MySQL folks are not like you. I'm happy to see "M" and "m"
> refers
> to the same thing, and "K" and "k" also.

if you work exactly and careful it does not matter
if not do not maintain a server at all

> If you wanna everyone follow your binary-by-binary rule, nobody gonna use
> your stuff

enough people are using my stuff outside the mysql world
and the all are able to enter things like they are in the
documentation, and i am speaking about noobs, not admins

>     because if this is a problem for you maybe you have the wrong job
> I don't think it's wrong to make your software as friend as possible

if you are a server admin you have to be careful what
you type or you are doing the wrong job

sever software does not need to be friendly
it does not need to think what you mean
you have to excactly specify what you mean

sounds liek you are a windows guy

try "LS", "DF" or whatever on a unix terminal
you will get error messages as response