Yes, the missing piece of the puzzle is that configuration files are
turned into command line arguments internally. Programs will parse
configuration files and place them at the beginning of the array for
command line arguments. They are made case sensitive because they are
turned into command line arguments. So the basic process is read all
the configuration files in order of precedence into the beginning of
the command line array. Then send this array to the command line
handling code. This is also how argument precedence works. As the
array is walked through options will override previous options so
things passed on the command line are at the end and override options
in the config file.

--
Eric Bergen
eric.ber...@gmail.com