2013/1/28 walter harms <wha...@bfs.de>

> hi list,
>
> i am using mysql 5.1.53.
> after a crash i have the follwing error in my log:
>
> 130128 10:45:25  InnoDB: Error: page 61 log sequence number 0 2871649158
> InnoDB: is in the future! Current system log sequence number 0 2494349480.
> InnoDB: Your database may be corrupt or you may have copied the InnoDB
> InnoDB: tablespace but not the InnoDB log files. See
> InnoDB: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/forcing-recovery.html
> InnoDB: for more information.
>
> according to the doc's at
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/forcing-innodb-recovery.html
> I need to restore the database from scratch (short version). What i do not
> understand is what
> exactly is broken ?  Whole DBM ? One Instance ? (mysqlcheck says all
> tables are ok).
>
> Not all tables are INNODB. Is is possible to restore only immodb tables ?
> (Having fun with forgein keys)
>
> Or is there a better way to handle this ?

Hello,

I reckon you really need to think of what caused your MySQL to crash. If
there's not a clear reason (HW problem) you might want to dig into that to
prevent this happening again. I am saying this because it is not the first
time I see someone fixing a corruption (re-building the database or fixing
corrupted tables) and then getting it corrupted again within some hours.

The problem itself has a solution: increasing the log sequence counter. I
wouldn't do it if it's not totally necessary (ie: you don't have another
machine to copy the data from). If you can get the data copied again from
some other server, that is probably the safest solution here to make sure
your data isn't corrupted. If not, I would suggest to run pt-table-checksum
to make sure the data is okay. Once your DB is recovered from this crash.

Cheers
Manuel.