On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 5:01 AM, walter harms <wha...@bfs.de> wrote:
> hi list,
>
> i am using mysql 5.1.53.
> after a crash i have the follwing error in my log:
>
> 130128 10:45:25  InnoDB: Error: page 61 log sequence number 0 2871649158
> InnoDB: is in the future! Current system log sequence number 0 2494349480.
> InnoDB: Your database may be corrupt or you may have copied the InnoDB
> InnoDB: tablespace but not the InnoDB log files. See
> InnoDB: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/forcing-recovery.html
> InnoDB: for more information.
>
> according to the doc's at
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/forcing-innodb-recovery.html
> I need to restore the database from scratch (short version). What i do not
> understand is what
> exactly is broken ?  Whole DBM ? One Instance ? (mysqlcheck says all tables
> are ok).
>
> Not all tables are INNODB. Is is possible to restore only immodb tables ?
> (Having fun with forgein keys)
>
> Or is there a better way to handle this ?

We had the same thing happen to us today. We had a power hit and when
the server came back we got the log sequences numbers in the future
message. We were able to dump the
affected tables, but when we tried to restore them we were not able to
drop the old tables. When we tried the server crashed with:

InnoDB: Failing assertion not_full_n_used >= descr_n_used

We did try booting with innodb_force_recovery at all levels from 1 to
6 with the same results.

We still have not figured out what to do. Pretty big disaster.