Am 07.04.2013 03:26, schrieb Joe Kosinski:
> I was finally able to load the time zone tables using the following:
> sh-3.2# /usr/local/mysql-advanced-5.6.10-osx10.7-x86/bin/mysql_tzinfo_to_sql
> /usr/share/zoneinfo | /usr/local/mysql-advanced-5.6.10-osx10.7-x86/bin/mysql
> -u root mysql

gratulations

> My version of Mac OSX 10.8.3 did not have root user installed but I googled
> for the instructions and installed it.

no version of Mac OSX does have root enabled per default
only "sudo" and maybe "suodo bash" would give a root-shell
in the default setup

Apple is here very special in what they are calling "Administrator"

> I then located the paths for mysql_tzinfo_to sql and also mysql.
> I ran queries and the time zones tables are now populated.

yep, to know where the things are makes the work easier :-)

> Please forgive me for all the confusion and wasted time I may have caused
> anyone.  Thank you all for your help and suggestions

finally it would have been good to make this reply to the thread instead
a new one because in archives and thread-view now the solution is missing